IGTV (also known as Instagram TV) is a stand-alone app for long-term videos. Most users of the regular Instagram app have complained about how short the videos are when compared to apps like YouTube. This new app will allow users to create and upload videos longer than 60 seconds. In this article, I’ll be discussing how to use IGTV. So if you don’t know how the app works, just stick with me.
Despite being a stand-alone app, the new app is also incorporated into the main Instagram app. You can only watch the IGTV from the main Instagram app. You’ll need the standalone app to create and upload your own long minute’s videos. The app is available on Apple store and also the Google Play store.
How to Use IGTV
- After downloading the IGTV app from either the Apple store or Google Playstore, open the app.
- Since the new IGTV works closely with the main Instagram app, you basically don’t need to create a new login. As long as you’re already logged in on the main Instagram app. Just click on continue, which shows your Instagram handle.
- You’ll be greeted with videos, which are selected for you under the “For You” tab.
- Other tabs included in the IGTV is “Following (people you follow on the main Instagram app)”, “Popular (similar to the “explore” tab on the main Instagram app)” and so on.
- The IGTV will only display videos in vertical format. So don’t bother flipping your smartphone to a landscape view.
- Click on the screen when you’re playing a video you like. The screen will remove the tabs listed for a clear view of the video.
- Just like the main Instagram app, you can like and comment on people’s videos. The love button is for like. While the button next to it is for comment. Whereas, the third button is for shares.
- To create your own channel, where you can upload videos. Click on your profile.
- Then click on the “+” signature.
Read This: How to Download Instagram for PC
Note: You can’t record videos in the IGTV app for now. One can only upload videos from the smartphone. Hopefully, the feature will be available soon. Lets us know what you think about this app in the comment section below. Thanks.