Learn how to apply and active your Apple Card today. In this article, we’ll be discussing extensively everything related to this Card. This is a credit card that is created by Apple Inc. and developed by Goldman Sachs. The primary purpose of the card is to be used with Apple Pay (a digital wallet and mobile payment service). The payment network of the card is MasterCard. There are no fees for this card which further makes it attractive to consumers.
Requirements to get an Apple Card
Sadly, this card is not for everyone. There are certain requirements one must meet to be eligible to apply for the card. Below are the requirements;
- You must be 18 years or older, depending on where you live.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful U.S. resident with a valid, physical U.S. address that is not a P.O. Box. The military address is also acceptable.
- Must own a compatible iPhone running on the latest iOS version.
- You must use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID.
- You must sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- If you have a freeze on your credit report, you need to temporarily lift the freeze before you apply for the Card.
- You “may” need to verify your identity with a Driver license or State-issued photo ID.
How to Apply for Apple Card
Below are the steps you need to take in order to apply for your card;
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone, and click on the “plus(+)” button.
- Then select “Apple Card” and tap “Continue”
- On the next screen, is the application form, fill it out with the necessary details. The details include First & Last Name, Date of Birth, Phone Number, Home Address, last four digits of your social security number, country of citizenship, and annual income. Note: You may be asked to scan the front and back of your Photo ID.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Once your application is approved, you’ll need to accept the offer within 30 days. To do this, tap the “Accept Apple Card” shown in the wallet app. You can start using the card to make payments after you’ve accepted the offer. The card can be set as your default payment card for Apple services like Apple Pay, Apple Music, and App Store.
How to Add Apple Card on other devices
You can add your card to any device where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID used to sign in to iCloud on your original iPhone.
Add to Apple Watch;
- Update your Apple Watch to watchOS 5.3 or later.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and go to the “My Watch tab“. If you have multiple watches, choose the desired one.
- Tap “Wallet & Apple Pay”.
- Select the “Add next to Apple Card”, which is under “Other Cards”.
- Tap “Use as Default Card”, if you want to make the card your default payment choice.
Add to iPad;
- Update your iPad to iOS 12.4 or later.
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPad and select “Wallet & Apple Pay”.
- Click on “Add Apple Card” which is just below the “Other Cards” on your iPad. If you like, you can make the card your default payment option.
Add to Mac;
- Update your MacBook to macOS 10.14.6 or later.
- Now go to “System Preferences” and select “Wallet & Apple Pay”.
- Click the “plus (+)” button.
- Then select “Apple Card”, and choose “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Request for Titanium Apple Card
You can request for the titanium card and use this physical card to make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted. To request for one of this card, follow the steps below;
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Apple Card”.
- Then click on the three-dotted lines (…) for a navigation menu.
- Scroll down the menu and select “Get Apple Card”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once requested, your card will be shipped to your billing address free of charge. You’ll get a notification on your iPhone when the card is shipped. If you want your card to be shipped to a different address, you need to update your billing address in the Wallet before making the request.
How to activate the Titanium Apple Card
By now your titanium card has been delivered to you. The next step will be to activate the card, so you can start making purchases. Follow the steps below to get it activated
To activate on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or later;
- Open the packaging containing your titanium Card from Apple.
- Wake your iPhone, then follow the instructions inside your cardholder.
- Tap Activate.
To activate on iPhone X or earlier;
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and click on the Card (Apple).
- Tap “Activate your Card”.
- Then wake your iPhone and follow the instructions you see inside the cardholder.
How to Lock or Unlock the Apple Card
In case of theft or for some other reason, the card is not in your possession, you can decide to lock it. Once the card is locked, it can’t be used to make purchases. Of course, you can also unlock it anytime you want.
How to lock the Card on iPhone;
- Open the Wallet app and Tap the Card (Apple).
- Tap the more button, which is a three-dotted line (…)
- Scroll down to “Physical Card” section and tap “Lock Card”, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How to lock the Card on iPad;
- Open the “Settings” app
- Scroll down and click on the “Wallet & Apple Pay”.
- Select the Card (Apple).
- Tap “Lock Card” which is under the “Physical Card” section. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
How to unlock the Card on iPhone;
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and select the Card.
- Tap the more button (…)
- Scroll down to the “Physical Card” and select “Unlock Card”, follow the on-screen instructions.
How to unlock the Card on iPad;
- Open the “Settings” App.
- Scroll down and click on Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap the Card.
- Tap Unlock Card, under the Physical Card, then follow the on-screen instructions.
For any issue related to your Card, you can reach out to Goldman Sachs on this phone line: (877) 255-5923. Also, let us know if we can be of further assistance in the comment section below.