Have you been wondering how to download Facebook videos for free? Well, the wait is finally over as we have a solution for you. You don’t have to register or pay for any software to be able to download Facebook videos. As long as the said Facebook video is in public, this method will work perfectly. Videos that are shared to only friends can not be downloaded from Facebook. Any website telling you otherwise do not know what they are saying. They are probably doing a clickbait. Another tutorial article you might want to check out is how to install ESPN+ on Android.
Download Facebook Videos on Android for Free
Below is how Android users can download Facebook videos for free;
- Go to Google Playstore on your device, search and download the “File Explorer EX“. It’s a file manager app which gives you access to your device’s internal storage.
- After downloading the file manager, open your Facebook app and make sure you’re logged in.
- Then go to the Facebook video you wish to download.
- Make sure the video is set in “Public”. Public videos have a global icon below its title and to right of the profile’s name.
- Open the video and press the “play” button. Make sure the video is playing before you proceed to the next step.
- Directly below the video, look for the “Share” button and click on it.
- A menu will pop-up, select “Copy Link” from the menu, this will copy the video’s address to your clipboard.
- Now open your Chrome browser. If you don’t have it, open a good web browser on your device.
- Visit the “SaveFrom” website.
- You’ll see a box, which says “Enter URL” on the website.
- Paste in the video’s address you copied to your clipboard and press “enter/ok” on your keyboard.
- Once the page loads, you’ll see a green “Download” button with a video resolution quality. Click on the Download button. By default, the system will download the highest available video quality. If you want a smaller quality, click on the “Video quality” and it will show you a list of the available options.
- After downloading the video, close your web browser.
- Then open the “ES File Explorer” you downloaded earlier on.
- Go to the folder where the Facebook video was download. It’s usually in the “Download folder”. Move the Facebook video to another folder. And that’s all, you should be able to watch the Facebook video now.
Download Facebook Videos on iPhone for Free
iPhone users can download Facebook videos by following the steps below;
- Go to your “App Store” and download the “Documents” app.
- Open your Facebook app and log in.
- Scroll to the video you wish to download or save.
- Make sure it’s a public video. Look for a global icon below to the right of the profile’s name. If what you see is a two-person silhouette, it means the video is shared only to “Friends”. But if it’s a lock icon, it means the profile locked the video. Only public videos can be downloaded.
- Open and start playing the Facebook video.
- Click on the “Share” button just below the video.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Copy Link”. This will copy the address of the video to your clipboard.
- Now go to your home screen and open the downloaded “Documents” app.
- The app has an in-built Safari browser. Look for it at the bottom menu, swipe from right to left if possible.
- From the Safari browser, visit SaveFrom website www.savefrom.net
- Paste the copied Facebook video address to the box you see on SaveFrom website which says “Enter URL”. There is an arrow pointing right beside it, click ok it after you’ve pasted the URL.
- The next page will show you a green Download button with the video quality. Click on the download button.
- To save the file, tap on the blue-coloured “Done” button at the top right corner.
- Then from the bottom menu, tap on the download icon, which is a downward-facing arrow.
- Once it’s downloaded, you can now watch the Facebook video. However, you’ll need to move the video from “Documents” to your iPhone. Tap on the video, follow by “Share” and save it to your iPhone’s file manager.