How to Download WhatsApp Status Photos and Videos – The story feature started off as an ordinary feature on Snapchat, but it quickly has grown to a very popular feature on most social media or messaging apps. WhatsApp messenger is one of those apps to have such feature. And unlike photos and videos sent via direct message which are automatically saved to your phone storage, the photos and videos featured on the story are not. They are, however, automatically deleted after 24 hours. Here we’ll be teaching you how to download WhatsApp status photos and videos. There are three methods of doing this;
- Accessing the hidden status folder
- Third-party downloader
- Screenshot and Recording
Accessing the hidden status folder
When you view/load a WhatsApp status, the photo or video gets saved automatically to your device for a stipulated 24 hours or until it gets deleted the user who uploaded it. After 24 hours, the status gets deleted automatically.
- First, you need a file manager. Most smartphones have one already. And if yours doesn’t, then head to Google Playstore and download one.
- Launch the file manager and go to the menu.
- Click on settings and look for “Show hidden files”
- Select ‘yes’ to show files that are hidden on your smartphone
- Go to the file named “WhatsApp” and click on it.
- Click on “media” and the “. Statuses”
- This should take you to a list of status you have viewed in the last 24 hours.
- You can save your desired photo or video by simply copying the file to another folder.
NOTE: it’s advisable to go back to settings and deactivate the show hidden files button. Some files are better off hidden, cause once deleted, can cause harm to your device.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of the first method, then try this one out. All you need is to download a third-party downloader from Google Playstore which helps you with everything. We recommend ‘Status Saver’, this app helps segregate videos and images into different tabs. So they don’t have to look cluster to the eyes. Just download the app and grant permission to access your device and you are a click away from downloading WhatsApp status.
Screenshot and Recording
The final method on how to download WhatsApp status photos and videos on android is what I call “Screenshot and Recording. This is basically you screenshot-ing the photos by simply pressing & holding the volume down and power button at the same time. And for the videos, you can simply record your screen by using a screen recorder when viewing the video. The new Android 9.0 Pie has a feature called screen recorder. But if your device doesn’t run on Android Pie, you can visit Google Playstore and download good screen recorder app like “AZ screen recorder”.
So there you have it, the three known methods on how to download WhatsApp status photos and videos on Android. If you have any issues, let us know in the comment section below.