ESPN is a cable channel that focuses on sports and entertainment. The ESPN network is owned by The Walt Disney Company with Hearst Communications as an equity stakeholder. Today, we’ll be discussing their premium service called “ESPN+“, more importantly how to install ESPN+ on Android. In case you don’t know, ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.
What is ESPN+?
ESPN+ is an OTT (over-the-top) video-streaming subscription-based service. It is only available to consumers in the United States. ESPN+ was launched in April 2018 and as of August 2019, the service has over 2.5 million paying users. It features exclusive and premium sports and entertainment contents. ESPN+ is the exclusive outlet for UFC pay-per-view events.
How to install ESPN+ on Android
Below is how you can download and install the ESPN+ (pronounced as ESPN Plus) on Android;
- Go to Google playstore and search for the normal ESPN app.
- Download and install the app to your Android device. If you already have the ESPN app, all well and good.
- Now open the ESPN app, signup if you don’t have an active ESPN account. If you do, then log in.
- Make sure you have paid the subscription fee of the ESPN+ which costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
- Go to the watch section on the ESPN App.
- On the sliding menu at the top, you’ll see the ESPN+ tab. Click on it to watch premium contents.
How to watch ESPN+ on TV
You can watch the ESPN+ on your TV using Chromecast. Follow the below easy steps to do it;
- Setup your Chromecast
- Open the ESPN app.
- Tab on the Cast icon, this will bring you a list of your Chromecasts. Select your preferred one.
- Once you’re done with the connection, go to the ESPN+ and choose any game or show to watch.
How to get ESPN+ for Free
Sorry to disappoint you, but the ESPN+ is not a free service. The platform attracts a monthly subscription fee of $4.99 or a yearly subscription fee of $49.99. You could start with a 7-days free trial to see if the contents are worth paying for.