Social media giant, Facebook released a new feature that lets users add a 3D version of portrait mode photos. This 3D version will be depth-filled with real-time movement. Here, we show you how to post 3D photos on Facebook using portrait mode pictures.
Of course, posting motion images/photos on Facebook isn’t something new. With a 360-degree camera app, you can snap and post 360° pictures. Even the Facebook mobile app features a “360 photo” mode, which lets users shoot and post motion photos. Why this new feature is intriguing is because of the portrait mode integration.
How to Post 3D Photos on Facebook Using Portrait Mode Pictures
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Facebook on iOS and Android
- Click on the “What’s your mind” section like you want to create a post.
- In the menu below, you should see the “3D photo” tab, click on it. Note: if you don’t see it, that means your device does not support this feature.
- This will open an album featuring all your portrait mode pictures.
- Select the photo you wish to upload. Make sure the portrait mode photo hasn’t been edited before.
- Facebook will automatically edit the 3D version of the portrait mode picture. You can shake/move your device around to see how the effects look like.
- Once you’re satisfied, proceed to upload the picture to your Facebook wall.
Compatible devices for 3D photos on Facebook
So far, this feature seems to available to mostly flagship devices. All the 2019 iPhones support this feature along with iPhone X, XS, XS Max. For Android, flagship devices from Samsung, Google, Huawei support the feature. This feature uses depth maps which are usually stored inside portrait mode pictures. If your device doesn’t store these depth map information, it will not support this 3D photo feature.
So the key aspect on how to post 3D photos on Facebook using portrait mode pictures is getting a flagship smartphone from a good OEM company. This will guarantee you being able to do some other cool stuff in the world of portrait mode.