How to restore WhatsApp messages from Google Drive – Google Drive is a secured cloud storage service developed by Google Inc. The file storage service is compatible with most apps on Android smartphone. One of those apps is WhatsApp, which is the reason for this article. Google Drive is a file storage service can help you store your WhatsApp files and data.
In this article, I will be discussing the convenient way to backup your WhatsApp data to Google drive. And also how to restore WhatsApp messages from Google drive.
How to back up WhatsApp messages to Google drive
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Tap on menu i.e the three dots at the top-right corner
- Click on “Settings”
- Tab on “Chats”
- Click on “Chat Back up”
- Tap on the green “back up” button to immediately back up your data
- Then click on the “Back up to Google Drive” to set up a backup frequency.
Note: You need a Google account already set up for Google Drive to work.
How to restore WhatsApp messages from Google Drive
- First, you must be logged in with the same Google account used for the backup.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your smartphone
- Re-install WhatsApp back on your smartphone.
- Login to WhatsApp with the same number you want to restore the messages from.
- Once you verify your number. WhatsApp will automatically ask you to restore your chats and media from the backup. Simply tap the RESTORE button and your data is restored.
In summary, we recommend WhatsApp users to backup their chats and files. You’ll never know how important they are until you trying access an already deleted file or chat.