How to send apk files via WhatsApp – WhatsApp has grown over to years and it’s now among the leading messaging apps out there. The messaging app is not only meant for communications, but it can also be used to share images, videos, documents and files with our friends and family. In this article, we’ll be guiding you on how to send apk files via WhatsApp without third-party apps. But in case, you’re the one receiving from a friend or family via WhatsApp, this article is also for you.
How to send apk files via WhatsApp without third-party apps – Steps to send
- Download and Install ES File Explorer
- Swipe left until you find a list of “Apps”, which is where you have all your installed apps.
- Locate the desired app you which to send and “Long Press” it until it’s selected.
- Select the backup option at the bottom of your screen.
- Swipe to the left again, and locate the backup file of the app, which is what you’ll be sending not the original application.
- Long press the backup app until it’s selected.
- Select the “rename” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Add an extension to the existing name of the file. i.e add “.txt” and press “OK”. The file name will be changed and ready to be shared.
- Long press the newly changed file until it’s selected.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on “more” and then click on share.
- A list of various sharing options will appear. So select “WhatsApp”, which is your preferred sharing option.
- Choose the group or contact on your WhatsApp you which to share the file to and click on send. The file will now be sent to your preferred contact or group.
How to receive apk files via WhatsApp without third party apps – Steps to receive
- Quickly read through the steps to send listed above. Most times, you’ll receive the file in either “.txt” or “.pdf”.
- You need to download ES File Explorer manager, which will help you convert the file back to its original version. If you already have the explorer manager simply open it
- Download the file sent you on WhatsApp. Just like the normal way you download images or videos on WhatsApp.
- Open the ES file manager and go to the Local/Internal storage folder. Locate and open WhatsApp folder, select WhatsApp Media, then locate and open WhatsApp Documents. The file will most likely be in documents since the sender sent it as a document file.
- Long press the file sent to you until it’s selected. And click on the Rename button at the bottom of the screen.
- Erase the “.txt” or “.pdf” portion of the name or any other extension name that was given to the file. Make sure the file name ends with “.apk” only. Then click on save/Ok.
- Click on the app file, it should bring a pop-up instruction asking you to install the app.
There you have it, the simple way on how to send apk files via WhatsApp without third-party apps. You can also share any other method you know of in the comment section. If you have any question, let us know in the comment section also.
If you like this article, then please follow us on our Facebook Page. And don’t forget to share with friends and family using any of the platforms below. Thank You.