How to Setup Google Assistant on your Smartphone – The Google Assistant is Google’s virtual artificial intelligence that is ready to help you with your daily tasks. This AI is available to both Android & iOS users, smart TVs and so on. This article is a complete guide on how to set up Google assistant on your smartphone.
There is certain prerequisite needed before using the Google Assistant and we will list them out here.
- Android 5.0 or higher
- Google app 6.13 or higher
- Google Play services
- 1.0 GB of memory
- Device’s language set to any of the following languages: Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Thai.
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or higher
- Device’s language set to a language listed above.
- Download the Google Assistant app
Steps on how to Setup Google Assistant on your Smartphone
- Touch and hold the home button of your smartphone, this will launch the Google Assistant. Note: if the Google Assistant is off, there will be a “turn on the button” by the bottom right-hand side of your smartphone.
- Click on the “next button” on the screen.
- Click on “continue” and configure the voice activation. And that’s it. Pretty simple right?
Aside from the steps on how to set up Google Assistant on your smartphone, there are other things you’ll need guidelines on. So keep reading 🙂
In case you have multiple Gmail accounts on your smartphone, it’s important to make sure the Google Assistant is using your preferred Gmail account. This is because the Google Assistant pulls details from your Gmail, Google photos, Chrome browser and other Google services to serve you better.
Steps on How to change your account with Google Assistant
To change your account with Google Assistant simply follow this guideline:
- Touch and hold your home button to launch the Google Assistant.
- Click on the “compass icon” in the top right corner.
- Then click on the “menu icon” i.e the three dotted line in the top right corner.
- Click on “account” in the options and select your preferred account.
Finally on how to setup Google Assistant on your smartphone is going to the settings of the app. You can customize a lot to your preference such as the routines, news sources, nickname and unblocking offensive words, which are blocked by default.
If you like this article, then please follow us on our Facebook Page. And don’t forget to share with friends and family using any of the platforms below. Thank You.