Dark theme is now becoming a trend in today’s smartphone world. So it wasn’t much of a surprise to see the new iOS 13 with the dark theme feature. Here, we’ll be showing you how to switch your iPhone from light to dark theme.
This dark theme feature will leave a darker hue across the interface of your iOS device and in many other apps. Once you install the new iOS 13 on your device, you can toggle between light and dark theme. This can be done through the “Control Center” or going to the “Settings App”.
But imagine having to visit the settings app 5 times a day all cause you want to change a theme. Well, Apple has taught about that also, and have created a way where the theme automatically changes itself. Depending on the time of the day, sunrise or sunset, your theme will automatically select which theme is better at the time. This way, you get the light theme in bright condition and dark theme in low or no light condition.
How to switch your iPhone from light to dark theme
Here is how you can automatically switch your iPhone from light to dark theme;
- First thing first, make sure your device is running iOS 13+. With this iOS, these steps won’t work. To update, simply go to Settings > General > Software update.
- Now open the Settings App on your device
- Navigate to the “Display & Brightness”
- Under the appearance, toggle the ‘Automatic setting’
- Click on the “options” button to set the ‘Appearance Schedule’.
- Then select between ‘Sunrise’ and ‘Sunset’. This uses your device location to note when the sun sets down or rise and knows which theme to trigger. If you don’t want, you can set your own custom schedule. This means you get to pick when the phone would switch to a light or dark theme.
- Depending on your settings, your device should be able to toggle between light and dark theme.
As you can see the steps are not that hard to figure out. By now, you know how to switch your iPhone from light to dark theme.