How to Track Lost Android Phone using IMEI number – According to a recent study, over 70 million mobile phones are lost on a yearly basis. Did you know you can recover your lost Android phone using the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number? Well, this article will guide you on how to track lost Android phone using IMEI number.
IMEI number is the identity certificate of your phone. It comprises a unique 15 digit numbers, which is authorized by GSMA (Global System for Mobile Communication Association). The IMEI number of a particular phone can be tracked when it’s used to send or receive a message, make or receive a call. There are other various ways of locating lost phones such as using GPS. But it only works when the phone is nearby. With this IMEI number tracking, you can locate the phone where ever it is in the world.
Steps on How to Track Lost Android Phone using IMEI number
- First, you’ll need to get the IMEI number of your phone. This can be done by simply dialling *#06# on your phone. This command will display the phone’s IMEI number.
- Another easy way to check for IMEI number is through the settings. Go to the settings of the phone, then locate the “About Phone”. The IMEI number should be displayed there.
- Now you need to track the IMEI number by using an IMEI tracker app. Search for “Anti Theft Mobile Tracker” on Google Play store and install the app.
- After downloading the tracking app, open it and allow the app access to your contacts, calls, SMS and so on.
- Input your IMEI number and track the phone.
Note: It’s advisable to report to the nearest authority and track your lost phone immediately you noticed it’s gone. In the world of technology today, your phone IMEI number can be changed and the phone can no longer be tracked afterwards. You should know your IMEI number beforehand and probably write it down somewhere at home. Read this article on How to Restore IMEI Number on Android incase you lost it.
If you like this article, then please follow us on our Facebook Page. And don’t forget to share with friends and family using any of the platforms below. Thank You.