In this tutorial article, we’ll be showing you how to update your Oculus Quest both manually and automatically. Chances are you won’t find a much virtual reality headset like Oculus Quest. The headset is created by Oculus VR which is a subsidiary of Facebook Inc.
The Oculus Quest is a standalone headset which features two 6DOF (six degrees of freedom) controllers. It runs on Snapdragon 835 chipset from Qualcomm.
How to Update your Oculus Quest manually
To be able to update your Oculus Quest manually, it has to be running on version 9.0 or higher. This is how you can manually update your Oculus Quest;
- Put on your Oculus Quest headset.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘See All’.
- Click on the ‘About section’.
- In the About section, you’ll see the version your device is running at the top. If there is an update available, it will show alongside. There is will an ‘Install button’ with it, so click on it to install the new update.
How to Update your Oculus Quest automatically
You won’t be able to manually update your Oculus Quest if it is running a version earlier than 9.0. Your best option is to update automatically.
- Open the Oculus app on your smartphone.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Select your Oculus Quest to pair your smartphone and the headset. That’s if they aren’t paired already.
- Click on “More Settings”.
- Then “Advanced Settings”.
- You’ll need to toggle “On” the switch, which will update the software automatically.
How to check your Oculus Quest build number
The Oculus Quest build number is what you’ll use to know whether or not your headset has been updated automatically when a new update comes out. You can either check on the headset or on your smartphone.
To check from your smartphone:
- Go to the Oculus app.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Select your Oculus Quest, this should pair your smartphone with your Oculus Quest headset.
- Click on ‘More Settings’.
- Then select ‘About This Headset’. It should display your headset’s build number.
To check from your Oculus Quest:
- Put on the headset
- Select ‘Settings’ from the home screen page.
- Select “See All” and then select “About”. This should show you the device’s build number.
List of Oculus headset
Oculus currently has four headsets, even though some are not that quite popular. Below is the list of Oculus headset;
- Oculus Go
- Oculus Quest
- Oculus Rift
- Oculus Rift S
This is everything on how to update your Oculus Quest both automatically and manually. It is important to make sure that your Oculus Quest is running the latest version and up-to-date.